The Recipes and Products We’ve Used to Kick Sugar
The road to becoming sugar free is super challenging and we’re super proud of you for taking the first steps. Some people’s journey will be easy, knowing how toxic sugar is to the body is enough for them to stay away from sugar for good.
Those are the lucky ones…
For most of us, we have a long road ahead.
When I first started my sugar free journey it was incredibly important that I had alternatives on hand so I wouldn’t reach for sugar. So below are some recipes and products that really helped me on my journey. Most of these are super simple, because I’m lazy 😉
But, you could simply google keto _____(treat that you’re craving). Like I often craved cookies so I googled “keto chocolate chip cookies” and you will be shocked at the amount of options!
The ones that I used often are below because they are super easy and I can make in no time when the sugar cravings kicked in hard.
(links are not affiliated, happy to share all that has worked for me!)
*I make mine with coconut milk and cinnamon and eat with berries
>>>Whipped Cream with berries or dark chocolate
My Go To…
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Sweetener of choice (I use stevia)
–Add all ingredients to a bowl.
–Use a hand mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks form
–Add dark chocolate or berries
>>>Rae’s Super Lazy Dessert
- Cream Cheese
– Mix together and eat with plain (salt ok) pork rinds
>>>Rae’s Creamy Hot Chocolate
- 8oz Coconut Milk (sugar free)
- 2oz coconut/almond creamer (I like Nut Pods)
***You can use Heavy whipping cream if you’re not dairy sensitive)
- 1 heaping tsp of cocoa powder (only ingredient should be cocoa)
- Sweetener of choice ( I use 5 drops of vanilla stevia)
- Collagen Powder (optional, but I think it adds to the creaminess)
- MCT Oil (optional)
Heat milk and creamer together on stove or in microwave (2 mins). Add other ingredients and blend all together. It’s important to blend and not stir*.
This is good iced too! Just skip the heating part
***I sometimes add coffee and make a mocha =)
>>>Cheesecake (amazing with strawberry jam below)
From @ketochix on Instagram
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES 250g/ 8 oz
- POWDERED ERYTHRITOL 6 TBSP (or to taste)
- FRESH LEMON JUICE 1/2 TBSP
- CHIA SEED 3 TBSP
- Take out 3 strawberries & roughly chop up. Set aside. Puree the remaining lot.
- Pour pureed strawberry into bowl. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Set aside in a cool place. Give it a stir every 15 mins.
- Pour into airtight jar & refrigerate. It will thicken up to a nice jam consistency after 6 hours.
NOTES: This raw jam will keep 5-6 days in the fridge. Or freeze for up to 2 months.
>> Birch Benders Pancake/Waffle Mix
>> Lily’s Chocolate
>> Lakanto Brownie Mix
>> Lolli’s Granola
>> Perfect Keto Bars (I love the PB flavor, Gui likes the Chocolate Chip Cookie)
We hope that this list will serve you in your quest to become sugar free. Everyone in our programs receive a curated list of all the recipes we love and use. Learn more about our programs here.
If you missed the earlier articles about kicking sugar, check them out here:
3 Things You Need to Know to Kick Sugar
5 Things To Do To Kill Sugar Cravings!