Liver Jerky Recipe
This recipe is Gui’s favorite way to eat liver, he eats it almost every day. Use this recipe as a base, and make it your own! Remember, liver is a powerhouse superfood and we try it any way we can to eat it because it’s that important to our health. It may take you some time to become accustom to it, but it’s worth it. I mean, you learned to love beer, spinach, and other gross things because it served you in some way (beer got you drunk and spinach was “healthy”). Well, now is the time to do the same with liver!
2 lbs – veal liver (sliced thin)
6 oz – Olive oil
1 Tbsp – Onion powder
1 Tbsp – Garlic powder
2.5 tsp – Dried Oregano
2.5 tsp – Dried Rosemary
1.5 tsp – Salt
- Slice veal liver thinly about 1/4″ (slightly freezing it will help with slicing)
- Combine olive oil, onion, garlic, and salt
- Brush the mixture over the slices in a pan. Keep layering the liver and brushing on the olive oil mixture
- Refrigerate overnight
- Place the liver on a your pans (single layer)
- Sprinkle the oregano and rosemary over the liver
- Use your ovens lowest setting to cook the liver
- Our oven goes to 170* and it takes me about 12 hours.
- Press on the jerky to figure out how done it is. Hard = crunchy, Softer = chewy
- Store in the fridge
Macros per 100g
Net Carbs: 4.8g (7%)
Fat: 20.3g (60%)
Protein: 23.2g (33%)
>>We also make liver jerky for Troy (our dog) he LOVES it!! We just don’t add any seasoning to it and cook it with our jerky.