Rewind Chicken Liver Pâté
Rewind’s Simple Chicken Liver Pâté
Liver is nature’s multi-vitamin! This easy and delicious recipe is a great introduction to liver. We always say eat for the NUTRIENTS and this recipe will help you do just that.
1 lb – organic chicken liver
2 oz – Butter/ Ghee or Bacon Grease
1 tsp – Thyme
1.5 tsp. – Salt
1 – head of garlic
1 – large shallot (or 2 small)
- Sauté chopped garlic and shallot in butter
- Add livers, salt & thyme
- Cook livers lightly (still pink on the inside) over low/med heat
- Blend everything in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add more salt or other seasonings to taste (we sometimes add more onion and garlic powder)
- Enjoy with cheese crisps, lettuce, pork rinds, etc…
- Separate into smaller sized containers, leave a ¼ inch at the top
- Melt butter/ghee
- Pour on the top of the pate to create a seal and refrigerate
Macros per 100g:
Net Carbs: 1.1 g (2%)
Fat: 22.1g (71%)
Protein: 17.8g (27%)
Liver is the ultimate superfood! Read more about superfoods here.